Monday, December 14, 2009

jersey shore..fo sho


There has been a lot of controversy over the new mtv reality show Jersey Shore. I have been to the Jersey Shore and consider myself lucky that I did not contract hepatitis from the "water". If you look past the greasy film on the water there are more prophylactics floating around than fish.

I grew up in the tri-state area, I am a daughter of a 1st generation tri-state area Italian Mom and an Italian/Irish Dad from New York and I am not offended by the show; because it is TRUE! I have tried several times to explain to Nick what a Guido is and now I can watch the show with him and explain it thoroughly as if it is a National Geographic special.

I am very proud to say that no one in my immediate family is a Guido/Guidette, wops yes but no guidos. I was a little worried about my brother years ago because of his gel usage and tan, but thankfully now he has a ski mullet and lives in Steamboat. And my sister like me got the Irish skin and could never get tan enough, but she does have a Steelers necklace so...to be continued

1 comments:

Kris Tina December 15, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

I keep meaning to DVR this show. With your recommendation - hopefully I can remember.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP