Friday, December 12, 2008

gluten schmuten

After a week to the hour of being gluten-free I am feeling a little teensy bit better, each day I spend a little less time in the bathroom and less often and my daily headache and pains are a little less severe. Part of me didn't want to feel better because then it means I really do have Celiac Disease and goodbye gluten, but I must have it!

Everything is relative, the time and energy I have gained back from not having to lay on the couch crying every night about how bad my head hurts is now spent in Whole Foods reading labels and the money we are saving on toilet paper and advil is now being spent on 4 dollars an ounce gluten free pasta!

I am hopeful, Nick and I went to the doctor today and he said based on what he saw on my insides if I am really good I should be feeling "normal" in 8 months!

But...If you come near me eating a REAL pretzel, cookie, or pizza IT IS ON Bad Girls Club Style!

p.s. I would post a clip from last seasons bad girls club for effect but Nicks family reads this blog

3 comments:

Heidi December 12, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

Too funny. I am glad you are starting to feel better, even if it's slower than you'd like!

Anonymous December 14, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

haha!
i'll take you on bad girl culb style..!

Lexi December 30, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

I just got back in town, sorry I haven't responded to the seeming crisis sooner. I will show you the world of living gluten free. I have a treat that you will love. You will have to tell me if you are off milk still or not because that will change things a little. We can go to the gluten free grocery store and I will share all of my favorites with you. Also ask me about the new flour that will change your life as well as recipes for crepes, waffles, and brownies. I promise it there will come a point where you won't even think about it anymore.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP